Thursday, June 14, 2018

Forest Through the Trees

Some days it gets better. Some days I remember, or shall I say I am reminded, of why I do what I do. Today is a faith day. Today is a day that I am on the other end of my spectrum and am able to see more clearly than normal why I am where I am and the purpose for some of the courses my life has taken. And they all have to do with Jesus and me.

I had lunch with a very dear friend and mentor of mine yesterday. It had been quite some time since we sat down and caught up on the things of life and faith. He shared his struggles with me and I shared mine with him. The best part was we were able to encourage each other as brothers in Christ. This man has spent years speaking into my life and his wisdom sticks with me to this day. He always points me to Jesus.

Even after that I was still feeling a bit sorry for myself when I got a phone call from an old friend I hadn't heard from in quite some time. He told me he felt lead to call and share with me that my social media posts and videos were really helping him and he wanted to thank me. This was really encouraging because I was wondering if I was truly reaching anyone.

That was 10 mins before I went into a meeting and gave one of the hardest talks I have ever had to give in my entire life. I was told upon becoming a pastor that there were three kinds of talks you would give 1) The talk you have gone through 2) The talk you will go through 3) The talk you are currently going through. This night was option 3. And the response was phenomenal.

Sometimes I just can't see the forest through the trees. I get so focused on all the distractions around me that my eyes get taken off the beauty of Christ himself. I couldn't have or do any of this without Him. He is the source and I am the vessel. My biggest failure is simply His signal that I am doing things on my own again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment