Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sharing the Struggle

I must start by saying I am my worst critic. I am also my worst enemy when it comes to what I can think about myself in some of my most darkest moments in ministry. Now, this blog might not be for the "super-spiritual" that deny that they ever feel like this. My life is far from perfect and my struggles can be the same as any other persons.
Funny thing is... I'm supposed to have all the right answers! As a matter of fact, in my head I do. I tell them to people everyday only to struggle around some of the very same faith issues myself. Boy, if the pastoral community knew who I was they might wonder if I even believe in God. So... Let me clarify really quickly
  • I do believe in the True and Living God who came in the flesh as Jesus Christ
  • I do believe in the power of the Holy Spirit
  • I do believe in the Truth of God's word found in the Holy Bible
  • And I do believe in the power and encouragement that comes through fellowship
By this blog I am not saying I don't believe in God or His Power, all I am saying is it isn't always easy to believe... even for a pastor. So, if you find yourself somewhere between faith and failure, pastor or not, I believe we may be able to help each other through some of our valleys. What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment